Trade Compliance Analyst
Electronics manufacturer is looking for a Trade & Customs expert.
• Support the company’s overall trade compliance operations, especially those relating to the Maquiladora/IMMEX operation.
• Provide support and guidance to functional groups for export and import compliance issues.
• Responsible for the preparation of Maquiladora permits such as PROSEC, Rule 8 and export permits before Ministry of Economy and government entities.
• Obtain and administrate any permits needed before Mexican Customs Authorities to complete import/export operations.
• Analyze and determine the qualification of goods according to NAFTA rules of origin and other Free Trade Agreements (FTA’s) as needed.
• Identify and report to the Trade Compliance Coordinator and/or other trade compliance management any potential violations of trade compliance laws and compliance violations and any incidents involving significant weaknesses in processes or procedures.
• Responsible to issue NAFTA certificates of origin of finish goods and subassembly. Request, administrate and control NAFTA certificates of origin issued by the suppliers.
• Support and coordinate security programs such as NEEC and C-TPAT.
• Provide support to comply with different requirements of VAT Certification.
• Obtain complete information (item master, bill of materials, technical information, unit cost, landed cost and computed cost) of new part numbers of materials, subassemblies and finish goods. Register new part number on inventory control system (annex 24).
• Request advice and guidance the trade compliance supervisor and coordinator and/or other trade compliance management for trade compliance issues involving significant complexity and potential concern to the company.
• Assist with the development of training materials, and when required, provide necessary supplemental training and updates for employees having trade compliance functions.
• Provide support in maintaining and implementing company export and import compliance procedures and work instructions.
• Review and validate the HTS classifications of parts and materials. Work directly with Mexican and U.S. Customs Broker
Edad: 25 a 40 años
*Si estas interesado, visítanos en nuestra ubicación,
llámanos al 626-1915 ó envíanos tu CV por correo electrónico a
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Familiarity with export and import IMMEX operations, MX Customs and US Customs regulations.
• Working knowledge with Annex 24 systems.
• Minimum 3 Years of trade compliance experience.
• Proficiency with MS Office applications.
• Working knowledge of JD Edwards or other ERP system desirable
• Excellent oral and written skills.