Maquiladora electrónica automotriz solicita Gerente de Compras
• Define or participate in the commodity strategy: identify business needs & market evolution, prioritize cross functional levers for quality, innovation , performance and sustainable growth; defines action plans and obtain validation by cross-functional governance.
• Accountable for achieving savings and other targets in the defined perimeter of spend.
• Communicate and deploy the strategy, lead execution of the major action plans (negotiation, LCC sourcing, standardization, QVE, spend control, innovation with suppliers, supplier development...).
• Directly manage key suppliers, lead negotiation with them. Plan global business reviews and delegate if needed the execution
• Support other buyers (regional buyers) in their negotiations and supplier management actions.
• Manage (directly / dotted line) the commodity cross functional team, in partnership with the Business Owner, and an extended network through the company.
• Capitalize cross functional expertise and manage tools (cost model, selection guide), data (standardization short list), policies (make or buy, design or buy) by leveraging the cross.
A successful candidate must have:
• BS/BA degree (MS or MBA preferred).
• CPM or equivalent certification preferred.
• The ability to travel up to 50% within North America and Mexico.
• 10 years in technology/industrial/purchasing field. Previous experience with injection molding and stamping parts preferred.
• Previous experience in business, finance, technical and/or supply management oriented position.